Promoting youth hockey in New Brighton, Mounds View, St. Anthony and Shoreview, MN

My my My my
Irondale Youth Hockey Association Board Meeting Minutes
IYHA January 23, 2014 Board of Directors Meeting:  Called to order 6:10 pm by John Niedfeldt-Thomas
Board Members Present:  Brent Eilefson, John Niedfeldt-Thomas, Nicki Oswald,  James Sigmundik, Shari Kunza, Adam Schmidt, Tom Rodefeld, Kara Chamberlain
Board Members Absent: Tom Gombold, Bill Jacob, Tim Manson, Steve Clark, Rob Hanson
Guests:  Ann Fieberg, Andrea Neumann
Minutes:  The November and December Board meeting minutes will be read and approved next month. 
Board Roundtable:
President:  Absent.  Board reviewed Tom’s email re co-op opportunities and factors to consider.  See Secretary's report, below.
Vice President:  Tourney done, good money.  Budgeted to break even, and blew past that.  Volunteers need to submit their hours. 
Secretary:  MV co-op update.  This is the year to make things happen.  Stagnant population, provide better development opportunities for the kids, along with more success.  Anticipate meeting with MV in the near future to discuss the “Discussion Points” document.  Discussed the co-op outline and proposed Operating Committee concept.  Overall tenor was positive, with email to association discussed, along with an open forum and board vote for next month’s agenda. 
Treasurer:  Updated financials available. 
Boys Program Coordinator:  Absent, no report.
Girls Program Coordinator:  Youth Knight at HS game, poor turnout.  Same on MV side.  Girls going to Gopher Game, 140 going with U8s skating at intermission.  Girls teams are going well, but U12 are too large. 
Initiation Program Coordinator:  Things are chugging along.  19 kids in second session LTS.  Tracy presented re lowering cost for initiation program.  Registration night was a test run, but got some kids to sign up.  Session 2 is bigger than session one.  Move to some form of Registration day, with activities (equipment exchange, letterman sizing, games, e.g.)—attract kids to the program, get them to sign up.  Tracy looking for a committee to help expand interest in the LTS program, contact him to participate.   
District Representative:  Not present.
Ice Commissioner:   No report.
Registration coordinator:  No report.
Equipment Manager:  No report.
Boys HS Coach:  Discussed future of youth program and co-op.  Summer program, 9-12 graders at 7 am.  Youth summer program being contemplated.
Girls HS Coach:  Summer camp at Fogerty U12 and higher.  Looking to add Acceleration MN as part of the program.               
Standing Reports:
Player and Coach Development Committee:  Skills clinics feedback—survey would be nice.  Check surveymonkey maybe.  Discussed skills clinics into February   
Lake Region:  No report.
Fundraising Committee:  Need fundraising ideas.  Bring em.
Potential Partnership Committee:  Dormant.
Website Update:   
Old Business
New Business:  
1.  SKATE Program:  Andrea provided update.  Proposing March 27.  Venues either Zero Gravity or Highview.  ZG at $8 per kid, within our budget.  Need to get word out and get kids’ report cards.
2.  NM Co-op situation:  Challenging circumstances providing learning opportunities for future co-ops.  Much could not be anticipated, including levels of play and team size.  Dealing with it, taking notes. 
Adjourned at 7:00 pm.